Analyst, Citizen & Community Engagement
(Permanent Full Time Position)
$2,331 to $3,256 bi-weekly
(Pay Band 5)
Application deadline: August 14, 2022
The New Brunswick Health Council (NBHC) is a provincial organization with a dual mandate of publicly reporting on the performance of the health system and engaging citizens in the improvement of health service quality.
We are looking for a Analyst, Citizen & Community Engagement to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to engage with New Brunswick citizens in order to foster dialogue about health system improvements. Under the authority of the Executive Director, Citizen Engagement, the Analyst, Citizen & Community Engagement will work on the design and implementation of public participation initiatives, communications strategies, and community engagement activities.
The successful candidate will be supporting the NBHC citizen and community engagement initiatives through:
- Co-designing and coordinating citizen and community engagement activities of the Council such as the New Brunswick Patient Voices Network
- Conducting focus groups, key informant interviews, and other qualitative research activities with citizens and stakeholders
- Analyzing findings from citizen and community engagement initiatives to inform health system improvement initiatives
- Mobilizing knowledge produced by the Council through reports, infographics, social media, and other communications strategies
- Collaborating with team members on the development and implementation of communications strategies, tools, and activities
- Writing and developing content in various formats to mobilize knowledge and communicate with the general public
- Contributing to Council deliverables, reports, business plans and strategies
- Engaging with other stakeholders in the province, as well as researchers, groups and institutes who work in community or patient engagement
- Master's degree in health sciences, population health, social sciences, or in a directly related field. (An equivalent combination of education (minimum Bachelor level) and experience will be accepted).
- At least 3 years of experience in a community engagement or stakeholder relations role
- A strong understanding of qualitative research methodologies such as focus groups, key informant interviews, etc.
- Experience facilitating dialogue with diverse stakeholder groups, especially though human-centered design approaches
- Experience coordinating large-scale events and engagement initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both official languages
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with software such as MS Office
- Prior experience in New Brunswick's health care system will be considered an asset
- Training or professional certifications in knowledge translation or knowledge mobilization will be considered an asset
The New Brunswick Health Council offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge.
If this describes your abilities and interest and you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, please forward your résumé and cover letter quoting competition number 2022-NBHC-04 by August 14, 2022 at noon to:
Executive Director, Planning and Operations
DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION VIA A JOB SITE - IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF IT IS NOT SENT DIRECTLY TO THE EMAIL MENTIONED ABOVE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. Applications received for this competition will be considered to fill future vacancies. Subject to the response to the competition, education and experience requirements may be raised.