In order for the New Brunswick Health Council (NBHC) to engage in social media communication, we ask the public and staff to adhere to the Editorial Principles set out below.
- Comments that are respectful and relevant to ongoing conversations on our Facebook site and our Twitter sites are welcome.
- NBHC reserves the right to remove the following: photos, video or audio recordings or text with confidential information, offensive comments, or comments violating New Brunswick or Canadian laws and regulations.
- NBHC cannot deal with any specific matter involving staff or citizens, nor disclose confidential information about such matters via social media.
- NBHC is not responsible for the content of sites accessed via hyperlinks published in our messages and in the comments posted on our social media sites.
- NBHC's official Social Media sites and accounts will post in both official languages.
- NBHC’s social media sites and accounts should not be considered as the official source for NBHC policies and guidelines. Please consult www.nbhc.ca for official updates.
- The social media sites and accounts of NBHC and its CEO are not monitored around the clock. NBHC will make every effort to answer any questions within 48 hours.
- If you are a journalist, please send your questions to the Director of Communications at email@example.com.