NBHC guidelines regarding social media (for internal users)
- The Communications and Citizen Engagement staff are responsible for the development and approval of all New Brunswick Health Council (NBHC) official social media sites and accounts.
- New official social media sites and accounts are not permitted without consultation with Communications and Citizen Engagement staff and the approval of the CEO.
- Employees and NBHC Council members who access social media for personal or business purposes on NBHC premises or using NBHC equipment are required to follow all applicable NBHC/GNB policies and guidelines including, but not limited to, workplace conduct, privacy and confidentiality, consent, communications, code of conduct and discrimination/harassment, appropriate use of wireless communication devices.
- Employees and NBHC Council members do not release, post or share through social media confidential information related to NBHC, its members, staff, stakeholders or any individuals in communication with NBHC. This includes the names or personal information of individuals and organizations, as well as discussion of incidents that have occurred in the workplace or during related activities and that are not generally known outside of the workplace.
- Employees and NBHC Council members do not represent their personal social media account(s) as an NBHC corporate account, or represent themselves in any way as speaking on behalf of NBHC.
- Personal social media accounts do not include NBHC's name or logo as part of the account name, title, handle or URL.
- Deliberate violations or more serious breaches of this policy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment and/or affiliation with NBHC.